Pages

Dec 9, 2013

Card Making Process: Joy of a Challenge

This past week I have been finishing up my Christmas cards to send out, and to keep me going, I completed the latest Make It Monday Challenge over at The Memory Nest for fun!

This challenge really required me to think outside the box, especially since I wanted to twist it and use this opportunity to make another Christmas card.  Here is the challenge:


Since I'm playing for fun, I "cheated" just a little by taking one word as my title.  The second sketch is what I used to make my card:


The paper was from a BoBunny collection from a couple years ago; I just love the bright, happy colors!  As for using an item from my office supplies, I used a coordinating circle paper clip that is hooked on the inside of the card (not seen here).  

Do you have all your Christmas cards mailed yet?  How many do you send each year?

There is still time to link up to Leslie's "Make it Monday" challenge!  Your participation gives you eligibility in the monthly giveaway!



5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. I love creating cards about of layout sketches too. I love the green and purple color combo you picked. Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - Thank you so much for playing along. Love the card you created using the sketch. such pretty paper. I always have a hard time finding paper with purple in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I love the colors! They are such a refreshing break from most color combos around this time! Hearts from the MN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Angie! Great take on the sketch. Glad you played along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks great. Love the way you have used the sketch!
    Thank you for playing along with the Memory Nest
    <3

    ReplyDelete