Pages

Jun 21, 2012

Frugal Scrapbooking: Simple-to-Make Albums

This week I finished a couple mini albums that were fast and easy to make, without a mountain of materials!  While some mini albums can be quite elaborate, you can still make something nice and sweet as a special gift without all the fuss.

This Girl Scout album is a coaster album that I designed to make with a troop this week.  I got coasters (square and round) at a Michael's clearance for $.40 a pack (of six), the 12"x12" paper pack from Big Lots for $1.00 (yes, only a $1.00!) and a large packet of jeweled felt flowers for $1.40 in Hobby Lobby's clearance.  I pre-cut the papers (they were all 4" x 4" with rounded edges) and added some unused ribbons that matched from my stash.  All the girls needed to do was coordinate, paste and add the die-cuts and tags that came with the paper pack.  The whole project for a group of four girls was under $4.00.



The second mini album I finished today.  It is a new baby album that will be given as a gift.  It was made from  a $1.00 album that I got in the dollar bin at Joann's and a $1.00 paper pack that I got at Big Lots.  The paper pack was 8-1/2" x 11" and gave me enough paper for the album and 5 additional cards.  I used just a handful of  other supplies (brads, felt flowers, multicolor floss, white buttons, super thin ribbon, and a couple stickers) but the rest was created with the tags and papers from this paper pack:


And this was the finished album.  I don't think it looks like I spent under $5 for the project!



Keep in mind that you can take a unloved (or unused) paper pad and create something wonderful without a lot of extra supplies and embellishments.  And the next step?  Give your love away to someone when you are finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment