Pages

Sep 29, 2012

Pin Made Creations: Blonde Brownie Goodness

We've had a sweet tooth lately at Casa Vallejo.  This time I made a batch of Blonde Brownies with chocolate chips for the Hubby, who is so good to me and loves a warm chocolate chip cookie!  These brownies turned out nice and gooey since I used a whole bag of chips.

This recipe I have had since the dark ages; I was in my early 20s when a group of single gals at work were collecting and trading recipes. We wanted to be ready  for the day when we would get married and cook everything we would put in our mouths by scratch.  While cooking by scratch didn't quite happen when I was that young, I did get some great go-to dessert recipes like this one.  Thanks goes to Vicki Milsap --  it'still a hit and it's going on Pinterest!

Blonde Brownies

2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup melted margarine
dash salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2-3/4 cup all purpose flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
chocolate chips  (I used a 12 oz bag)

Melt margarine and cream it with the brown sugar.  Add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix.  Add flour and baking powder and mix.  Add chocolate chips.  Bake brownies in a 9 x 13 pan (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes but no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment