Pages

Sep 26, 2012

Pin Made Creations: Microwave Apple Crunch

Last evening, everyone was craving something sweet. Well, my teenager had the craving, and I am always game for sweets!

Time to create my own Pin for Pinterest!  Based on what I had on hand in my pantry, I devised this quickie recipe for Microwave Apple Crunch that was a hit with the teenager and everyone else.  It resulted in delicious soft apples and raisins in a creamy carmel-like sauce.  Adding a little whipped cream didn't hurt either!  Perfect for the beginning of autumn.  Delish!



"Casa Vallejo" Microwave Apple Crunch

6 apples (I used 3 Granny Smith and 3 Red Delicious apples I had on hand)
1 Tbl lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
2 pads of butter or margarine
1 Tbl all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon (I used a little more 'cause I love it!)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or less or none, depending on your taste)
dash of salt
small handful of raisins
granola of choice.

Peel, core and slice apples.  Put in a microwaveable bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice on the apples; mix well.  Add the rest of the ingredients except the granola.  Mix well.  Microwave on high for 3 minutes.  Mix well again.  Microwave another minute to 1-1/2 minutes, depending on how soft you want the apples.

Serve immediately into bowls, add your favorite granola (I used a Cascadian Farms brand that had almonds)  and some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if you wish!  Serves 4-6.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment