Pages

Mar 19, 2013

Card Making Process: "Lost and Found" Card Ideas

Sometimes when I sit down to make cards, I will pull out a sketch that I marked from a blog or one that I may have saved from a book or magazine.  Other times, I will pull out a paper collection and see what happens as I begin to lay out the papers, scraps, stamps and other embellishments.

Yesterday I shared the three layouts I completed over Spring Break using different "Lost and Found" collections from My Minds Eye.  Today I wanted to share the cards with you.

For each of these cards, I got my ideas directly from the "Lost and Found" embellishments and the designs on the papers that could be used. The first two cards are for a new baby girl, using a mixture of pink pattern papers from different "Lost and Found" collections:

  This card also incorporates the MME coordinating ribbon and brads.


Next is a birthday card:

This is a little feminine too, but I liked the label with the birds that I fussy cut from a 12 x 12 sheet of paper.

Lastly is a "Thinking of You":

The butterfly design was left over from yesterday's project.  I added some pendant flags from scraps.  

Do you use "Lost and Found" papers more for cards, or layouts?  I'd love to hear your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment