Pages

Apr 10, 2013

Scrapbook Process: Dots and Stripes with Basic Grey

Today's layout is the result of inspiration from two sources.  First, I found a great layout on Pinterest that originally came from pagemaps.com:


Secondly, I wanted to enter a project on today's Whimsical Wednesday post at The Memory Nest blog. I learned of Leslie and The Memory Nest through Twitter; she has a great blog and online store. If you are looking for some challenges, she has a color and a sketch challenge posted right now at her blog.

Yesterday, her blog post showcased layouts by her Design Team using the Basic Grey collection, "Paper Cottage." The layouts were great, and it inspired me to use these sheets of Basic Grey "Bow Ties" that I randomly purchased on my last visit to Archivers:


At the time, I didn't know if I would use this paper for a layout or card.  However, I love Basic Grey, so I got them, and now I'm glad I did, since I was able to do this layout with a couple miscellaneous photos from 2004:  

"Did we catch you in the act?"

I used all three patterned papers, with the reverse of the small dotted paper, which was this blue background.  I used orange Basic Grey letters from the Fact and Fiction collection and punched the hearts out of Fiction paper.  I used Doodlebug twine to make the stitches (albeit, messy stitches) along the side.  It only took me about 30 minutes to complete this layout; I like the simplicity of it, and it's another one for the book.  

If you want to find out more about The Memory Next, her blog is HERE and you can visit her store HERE if you want to check out all the goodies. (And yes, she sells Basic Grey too!) 

Hopefully you can take this sketch and use it to do your own layout today. Let's get some of those photos scrapped!  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angie. Thanks for linking up this beautiful layout. Love the papers - and what a cute face. I also appreciate you kind comments. I have so much fun connecting with other crafty and kind people like you. Hope you will be back to link up or play along. Lesle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun layout. I like how you added the stitching and the button with the thread tide through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout! I love how many different patterned papers you used. Been looking around your site and you have made some lovely things. As a new follower I look forward to keeping up with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page! I love how combined all these patterns and I adore that big banner piece you created! Great job!

    ReplyDelete